Saturday, September 15, 2012

CupcakeCamp DC

I had the great fortune to attend a fantastic event last Saturday. Apparently, CupcakeCamp is an event spreading across cities all over the world (Check out http://cupcakecamp.org/ for their worldwide directory!) and DC is one of them! Basically, the idea is that bakers, whether amateur or pro, sign up to create their signature cupcakes which the attendees get to sample. Both the attendees and a formal panel of judges decide on the best of the best. And all the proceeds for the event benefit a charity. In the case of the DC CupcakeCamp, it was DC Candlelighters, a childhood cancer foundation.

So what was my take on all this?

They had me at cupcake.


My cupcake selections (left to right): Lavender lemon, salted caramel, key lime, pumpkin spice, chai latte, and toasted coconut.


CupcakeCampDC attendees (at the Continental in Rosslyn)


The winners!

The first place winner of the 2012 CupcakeCamp DC was Joel Gill of Josie's Confections for his ingenious Chicken & Waffle cupcake. To Joel, congrats!! And since I couldn't get my hands on one before they were all snatched away, where can I get these??

No comments:

Post a Comment