Saturday, August 11, 2012

This Week: Cupcake Chevron-Striped Pouch

It's been a long week y'all. My goals for the week included getting caught up at the office, working out at least a few times, and finding some time to craft. With last-minute fire drills popping up daily at work, I've barely had time to think, let alone find time to work out. But as I got home each night, my mind whirring full of the craziness of the day, the only way to calm my frustrations was through craft.

When a day just seems to spin out of control, there's something empowering about using your own hands to create something from nothing.  "Nothing" being defined loosely, however. I had just purchased this beautiful blue chevron-print fabric and was itching to put it to good use:


I love chevron! I also have some sunny yellow terry cloth that's so soft to the touch. So what better use would there be for these two fabrics than a zippered pouch?

By the end of the week, I impressed myself by the ability to channel all this excess pent-up energy into something positive and cheery. I love my new cupcake terry cloth pouch (with chevron print interior) and I really hope you do too. Now available on Etsy.



No comments:

Post a Comment