Thursday, October 20, 2011

Business 101 - Business Cards

One of the first things every craftsperson should do when they start their business, after creating their initial product line, is to make business cards. After all, how will potential customers know about your amazing wares without a little self-promotion on your part?

When I first started, I took the cost-effective approach and designed business cards in Word and printed them out on business card paper from the local office supplies store. But I soon realized I needed to step up my game and get some professional help to make me something a little more flashy.

I soon found out about two online card printers, and have been very pleased with the results.

The first printer I used was Moo, being initially drawn to their offer of a free sample pack of 10 cards. I found the site to be very user friendly, and liked that photos were easy to upload from my computer, Etsy, Facebook, or Picasa. I was so impressed by the paper and photo quality that I subsequently ordered a pack of mini cards.

Here's the front:


 And the back:



I opened another Etsy site, Ring Bling, a little later on.



As I needed business cards for Ring Bling as well, I found a new printer, Vistaprint. I found the site to be a little less user friendly and a little more cluttered than Moo. However, while lacking in certain areas, Vistaprint more than made up for this in price. These are the cards (one-sided) I purchased:



In the end, my number one tip for whichever printer you decide to go with is to sign up for their email lists before making your purchase. You'll often get sent a discount code to use. And for the newbie craft business owner, each little savings goes a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment