Wednesday, March 28, 2012

DIY: Metallic Letter Decor

Looking to start decorating those plain beige walls? For something budget-friendly, easy-to-do, and eye-catching, try making your own "metallic" letter wall art.


I purchased these letters from my local Jo-Ann store (sold at their online site as well). Click the "T" to be taken to the link.



The letters are paper mache, and therefore nice and light and easy to hang. I struggled for a bit trying to figure out the best way to hang them on my walls, and I ended up using Velcro by adhering one side to the letter and nailing the other side to the wall.

Along with your letters, pick up a can of matte silver spray paint (or another color - up to you!) and you should be able to take it from there.

Be sure to spray in a well-ventilated area (outdoors would be best), and give enough time for the letters to dry. I did a couple of coats of paint on my letters, and I like that they came out with a very metallic-like finish. Along with the "LOVE" letters, I made "DREAM" letters for over my bed.


Finally my walls are no longer naked!

No comments:

Post a Comment