Saturday, February 25, 2012

Just in: New Hollow Book Safes

New merch alert! Upcycling books into hollow book safes is especially fun when the books are from some of my favorite authors growing up.



The first was made from Diane Mott Davidson's mystery thriller "Tough Cookie". When I was younger, my two dream jobs were to be: 1) a baker; and 2) an author of mystery novels. So needless to say, I envied Davidson's position as a renowned writer of culinary mysteries.



The second hollow book was made from Rebecca Wells' "The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder". Rebecca Wells was made famous from her series of Ya-Ya Sisterhood books which I read when I first moved to the South. I considered her books part of my education in Southern tradition, and trust me, I needed a lot of education in this area. I remember the look of astonishment and disbelief on my freshman roommate's face when I thought a mint julep was a type of plant. Hopefully, I've come a long way since then...

Both books are for sale @: www.ringbling.etsy.com Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment